Paramount Pictures’ thriller sequel A Quiet Place Part II returned to the top spot at the weekend box office. In the third week of release the film took in another $11.6 million at the domestic box office. The film has taken in $108.9 million in total and $199.9 million worldwide.
Opening in the second spot was the Warner Bros. musical In the Heights which opened at $11.4 million. Sony’s family film Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway opened with $10.4 million.
Rounding out the top five was horror flick The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It from Warner Bros. with $10 million in week two followed my Disney’s Cruella with $6.7 million in the films third week. Cruella has taken in $129 million worldwide.
- A Quiet Place Part II (Paramount) $11.6 million
- In the Heights (Warner Bros.) $11.4 million
- Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway (Sony Pictures) $10.4 million
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (Warner Bros.) $10.0 million
- Cruella (Disney) $6.7 million
There’s just one wide release coming this weekend with the opening of The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard from Lionsgate on Wednesday.