How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World from Universal and DreamWorks Animation lit up the domestic box office over the weekend with an estimated $55.5 million. The film had the best opening of the three films in the series and including international cumes has already earned an estimated $274.9 million.
Last week’s top two films took the number two and three spots respectively. Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel took in another $12 million while Warner Bros.’ The Lego Movie 2 took in another $10 million.
Taking the fourth spot at the box office was Fighting with My Family from MGM. The film generated an estimated $8.0 million in its second week of release. The WWE film had a limited release last week.
Rounding out the top five was Warner/New Line’s Isn’t It Romantic which took in another $7.5 million.
- How to Train Your Dragon 3 (Universal) $55.5 million
- Alita: Battle Angel (20th Century Fox) $12.0 million
- The Lego Movie 2 (Warner Bros.) $10.0 million
- Fighting with My Family (MGM) $8.0 million
- Isn’t It Romantic (Warner Bros./New Line) $7.5 million
Friday will see the dramatic thriller Greta from Focus Features see a release as well as Lionsgate’s comedy Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral.