New release The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard opened at the top of the domestic box office over the weekend with an estimated $11.6 million.
Paramount Pictures’ thriller sequel A Quiet Place Part II dropped to second place in week four with another $9.4 million. The film has taken in $125.2 million in total and $221.9 million worldwide.
Sony’s family film Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway rose up to third place in its sophomore weekend with $6.1 million.
Rounding out the top five was horror flick The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It from Warner Bros. with $5.2 million in week three followed my Disney’s Cruella with $5.1 million in the films third week. Cruella has taken in $159 million worldwide.
- The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard (Lionsgate) $11.6 million
- A Quiet Place Part II (Paramount) $9.4 million
- Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway (Sony Pictures) $6.1 million
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (Warner Bros.) $5.2 million
- Cruella (Disney) $5.1 million
Next weekend Universal Pictures will bring F9: The Fast Saga to theatres. The film had already released in international markets and had generated $292 million so far.