Universal Pictures’ The Invisible Man scared its way up to the top of the Weekend Box Office with an estimated $29.0 million. The film also made another $20.2 million internationally for a worldwide cume of $49.2 million.
Coming in second places was Paramount and Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog, which spent the last two weeks at number one. The film took in another $16 million for a total domestic earnings of $128.3 million and $265 million worldwide.
Disney / 20th Century Studios’ The Call of the Wild took in another $13.2 million while FUNimations’ release of anime flick My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising opened with an estimated $5.1 million and fourth place. Sony’s Bad Boys for Life rounded out the top five with another $4.3 million.
- The Invisible Man (Universal) $29.0 million
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Paramount) $16.0 million
- The Call of the Wild (20th Century Stuidios) $13.2 million
- My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising (FUNimation) $5.1 million
- Bad Boys for Life (Sony) $4.3 million
Next weekend sees the release of Emma. from Focus Features as well as the wide release of Disney / Pixar’s Onward. Warner Bros. will also open the sports drama The Way Back with Ben Affleck.