Though Super Mario 35 is gone, Nintendo has unveiled a new free battle royale game based on a classic franchise. As a companion to Tetris 99, Nintendo and Bandai Namco have revealed Pac-Man 99.
It’s an all-new flavor of PAC-MAN! Test your chomping chops in a 99-player Pac-Royale!
A 99-player online PAC-MAN battle royale!
- 40 years after the classic Pac-phenomenon rocked the gaming world, PAC-MAN is back in a new 99-man battle royale. Get back in the maze and chase down the iconic ghosts. Who will be the last PAC-MAN standing?
Switch between eight different strategies and send Jammer Pac-Man to get in your opponents’ way!
- Eat a Power Pellets to turn the ghosts blue and make them vulnerable. Eat them to send Jammer Pac-Man to your opponents! The more ghosts you eat, the more Jammers you’ll send!
- Eat a Ghost Train for a huge comeback!
- Gain the upper hand by switching between eight different preset strategies: speed up, send extra Jammers, and more. Switching at just the right moment could give you an edge over your rivals!
Make the game look like your favorite NAMCO classics!
- You can purchase downloadable custom themes based on Xevious, GALAGA, Dig Dug, and more to change the look of the game.
- There are twenty different classic themes in all! Plus, they do more than change the graphics! Check out the sounds too!
- Which classic NAMCO title is the one for you?
Pac-Man 99 is free for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers and will launch on April 7th.
The available paid DLC comes in a bundle or a la carte. The ‘deluxe pack’ bundle costs $39.99 CAD and contains the following:
・CPU BATTLE Mode
・SCORE ATTACK Mode
・BLIND TIME ATTACK Mode
・8 PAC-MAN Arrangements
・20 Custom Themes
There is also the ‘mode unlock pack’ for $19.99 CAD which unlocks all of the additional modes without the themes.
Individual themes are available for $2.49 each.