Bengals win game one 11-8 in overtime

It looked rough for a bit but the Hamilton Bengals pulled through in the final minutes of the game to defeat the Owen Sound North Stars in game one of the OJBLL semi-finals. The game came down to overtime but the Bengals came away with the victory 11-8. Up one game in the series the two teams will head to Owen Sound on Sunday for game two.

The Bengals got on the scoreboard first with Braedon Saris’ power play goal at 3:18 of the first period. But that would be the only goal for the black and gold for nearly twenty minutes. Owen Sound regrouped and netted four straight goals to close out the first period and took at 4-1 lead into intermissin.

Hamilton fared better through the middle frame and outscored the visiting North Stars and out scored Owen Sound. The period was very much back and forth after Braedon Saris and Tanner Brennecke scored back to back to bring the Bengals within a goal. Owen Sound made it a two goal game and Hamilton brought it within one. The back and forth went late into the third period when a goal from Tyson Allison finally tied the game for the Bengals with just over two minutes to go in regulation.

Hamilton got their groove back in the ten minutes of overtime and scored three unanswered goals to win the game 11-8.

Braedon Saris, Tanner Brennecke, Hunter Aggus, and Tyson Allison all had two goals for the Bengals while Jacob Parkinson, Aaron Underwood, and Cooper Day-Allison also had goals. Lucas Nagy made 42 saves on 50 shots in goal for the Bengals.

The Bengals will travel to Owen Sound on Sunday afternoon to face off against the North Stars in game two of the playoff series. The teams will face off from the Bayshore Community Centre starting at 2:00pm.

About Jason Nason 2018 Articles
I'm the editor of and I love the city of Hamilton. From sports to entertainment, local events and the politics of the city, I will try to bring it here to you!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.