By Fraser Caldwell
Offseason months spent in the weight room give way to the intensive, two-week grind of camp for McMaster football this weekend, as the Marauders gear up for the kickoff of a new OUA season on August 26.
Rookies report for meetings and testing on Friday, August 11, before the beginning of McMaster’s main training camp on Saturday, August 12.
“I’m excited to get our student-athletes, both new and returning, on the field after a rewarding offseason that saw us get bigger, faster and more mature as a group,” said coach Greg Knox.
“We’ve put in the work away from the game to get us to this point, and now it’s time to put that effort and attention to detail to the test as we prepare for Guelph at home in week one. I believe that we’ve assembled an outstanding group of both players and staff that will deliver the quality of football that Marauders fans have come to expect.”
The 2018 edition of the McMaster football training camp will see players and staff take meetings in the mornings and after practice, with power practices taking place in the afternoon. A controlled scrimmage in Windsor against the Lancers, who McMaster meets on the final week of the regular season, will cap the first week of training on Saturday, August 18.
Practices conclude on Friday, August 24, before the Marauders play host to the rival Guelph Gryphons at Ron Joyce Stadium on Sunday, August 26.
McMaster season and single game tickets are available now.
2018 Marauders Football Training Camp Practice Schedule
- Saturday, August 11 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Sunday, August 12 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Monday, August 13 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 14 – 3:00-7:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 15 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Thursday, August 16 – 3:00-7:00 pm
- Friday, August 17 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Saturday, August 18 – Scrimmage vs. Lancers @ University of Windsor
- Sunday, August 19 – 5:00-7:00 pm
- Monday, August 20 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 21 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 22 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Thursday, August 23 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Friday, August 24 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Sunday, August 26 – OUA Season Opener vs. Guelph Gryphons @ Ron Joyce Stadium (1:00 pm)
*All practices at Ron Joyce Stadium
** Practice schedule subject to change